Tuesday 3 March 2015

Nor Here Nor There






" What is it.
Where are you? "
She whispered to the convoluted air.
As its reverberating echoes continued
Calling out for her from somewhere

He stands disapprovingly witnessing this
Her faraway demeanour, both haunting yet austere
He reconsiders his option to leave,
Is she beyond repair?


"Who is it you call for? He asks again,
Who dyu whisper to when clearly, nobody's there?
That you seek anybody else while I bequeath myself as yours
Is a travesty I refuse to bear! "

She slowly takes a step back, then one more
Eyes brimming in despair
"I have to say a no.. Sire, I have to go
I can't reciprocate the affections you declare."

"I apologize but it isn't you, I assure
But its only his voice that I hear,
And they call out to me, repeatedly
Like the times I wish for him in my prayer"

"So even though my heart is breaking,
Everyday is a war and I am scared
But I am not for anyone's else's taking
For I can't be here and he won't have me there"


Bereft of him now, every time the air beckons
She will find herself beckoning back
It takes all but a sign for her to reckon
And a delusional heart to lose its track.