Saturday 7 February 2015

Better Tomorrow



Sometimes it’s hard to find a reason

To look up and force a smile

When all your senses are telling you

It may not be worthwhile

But you'll keep your head above water

It’s not your time to drown

There’s gotta be an easy way to

Wipe off distant frowns.


Some say the only way is up

When you’re in so very deep

We both' ll be thrown a ladder

Something I expect to see.

At some point we will choose to climb

When we're ready to mend the hurt

Why should we both be satisfied

To stay knee deep in dirt.


You should know that I have promised

In time, from my mind, I'll set you free

Fill your mind until it’s time

To exit your heart’s poverty

I see your plans before me

You should know that I care

So lift yourself up until it’s time

To answer your every prayer.