Tuesday 22 January 2019

Funemployed for the first time in 4 years!

Loud and proud: I quit my job earlier this month
And before you ask—I did it without a plan b

Wow! I hope you have a ‘plan b’!” “hey, congratulations, but… what’s your ‘plan b’?” “big news! So, do you have a ‘plan b’?”
In the immediate aftermath of my decision to leave my full time yet remote job as a Project Manager for a US company, a big move indeed, friends and family have been reacting with a barrage of sometimes incredulous, sometimes appreciatory exclamations, but practically everyone has been overly concerned about my next step, to the point of hurriedly soliciting me into jumping right back into the work force. Something that i should have done, according to them, probably the next day after my exit and said goodbye to my colleagues. “no, i do not have a plan b” has been my unequivocal answer to people here and across the pond.

 Why should I? Plan B sounds like back-up plan to me, and having taken that major but exhilarating leap of faith that is leaving a full time gig that had become not fulfilling nor challenging, why should one settle for anything less than a newly minted ‘Plan A’? 


And while I chalk out my Plan A, I am looking forward to working on some personal interesting projects while I travel. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to send a shoutout or just a hi :)