Saturday 7 December 2013

For the Love of Tiara and Smith&Wesson - Part 2


                                                 





Though the Tiara fetish hasn't diminished by any means, another, albeit an unrealistic one (so people say) has firmly laid its roots in my head. This brings me to my other love. The .22 mag 9mm Smith&Wesson



As the word 'fetish' implies, the subject of fetish need not have practical or sensible undertones. Yet, I do have my reasons for its acquisition. Apart from the obvious empowering and

sexy-to-hoot factor,it boils down to three groups of problems: safety concerns, instructional difficulties, and emotional considerations. Of these, safety is the most important (and most often overlooked) aspect. And i admit, these considerations did catalyze a certain sense of intimidation as to how I would go about achieving the seemingly tall order of pointers. But, once the myth surrounding how 'petite girls like myself  cant take the recoil of the gun', was busted, I was ALL up and about googling it, self educating my self about the calibers and specifications that are available out there.

The initial search itself made it clear to me that, contrary to popular belief, a woman’s physical size (or lack of it) has VERY LITTLE to do with which caliber will be best for her.


So basically, tiny little women with great big grins on their faces , have been known to hammer away with full-powered “manly” guns, while conversely, inumerous instances of sturdy-looking Amazon-woman types wincing from what can be considered to be a mild recoil, have also existed. It is ony the Size of the firearm that does matter.  For instance, a gun that fit the hand of that sassy hunky badass protagonist I saw on television quite well, might fit MY hands like socks on a rooster.


Anyway, so ever since i checked the 'Physical Barrier as a deterrent' off my 'Reasons-to-NOT-think-about-firearms' motion, I have wanted a .22 mag Smith&Wesson.

More than ever, for more than a year now . Yet it's the one thing i can't really include in my "Shopping" list. All i COULD do was choose and figure it in the top five of my "Someday" list.

But even choosing it does not come easy nor random by any means. When a gal tries on wedding dresses, they’re ALL pretty, and white, and they make you look like a princess. But there’s ONE that causes light to shine down from Heaven and the angels start singing and you know that its THE ONE.

Same thing happens with guns! They’re all kinda cool looking…they go *bang* when you pull the trigger, but every now and then you’ll run across one that makes you shoot straighter and gives you that feeling of an angelic choir in full “Laaaaaa!”

When that happens…..GET THAT GUN!!! Or, Specifically,  in my case, Get THIS BABAY!


http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765962_-1_775662_775655_757896_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y





:)
SOMEDAY.

P.s- My ultimate fantasy Selfie has me in my whole "Canvas-Shoes-Sparkly Tiara-Striker-fired 9 mm Smith & Wesson M&P Shield-in-a-custommade-holdster" Glory , living the secure and armed lifestyle.



So colour me Pretty
In shades of the Moon and the Sun
Picture me perfect
Armed with a Tiara and a Gun

Never saw me as a gunslinger girl, now did you

Among the Cutesy Pink Gloss and All
Well,prepare to change what you thought you knew
Cuz, dang, You dint know me at all.