Friday 15 March 2013

A Difficult Call - Letting Go



Every decision comes with its own share of risks and repercussions.

Decision to end something old.
Decisions to start something new.

To let go.

To hold on.  

And sometimes,  to just let things be.

I finally took mine.




This had been a long time coming. 6 months to be precise. Innocently trivial before, but with time and  increased presence and thought, you became a concrete part of my thoughts. But then like a streak of lightning, you dissappeared. 
It was as if the more i reached out, the more i found you fading away.


Funny, as it was initially with the jokes, and the puns about it, as you faded away voluntarily., it just became plain sad later. Just when i thought for once, just THIS ONE time, my assumptions could actually lead to something real. But of course, my mortal frenemy, Mr. Timing clearly had other plans. And, to my eventual realization, so did you.


And well, six months down the line, those thoughts still flash through my head and i suddenly find myself (involuntarily)thinking of you, and along come the associated memories..of what could have happened, and how things could have been different with just a little tweak of events. They still make me sad. Mostly because i had stopped allowing myself to feel that way for someone a very long time back. and here i was, reeling in for someone who seeming dint give a rat's ass about it.


That is just NOT acceptable.


So today, it is high time i took a stand.To detach or Not to detach.


But its not because, i lack the patience to see what destiny and its unpredictable ways holds for US..i can can. Its because i refuse to be one of those sad girls who waits for a guy to choose. not happening. You had your chance. You blew it.
Atleast, I 

So, yes, i will have the tiniest tinge of regret never knowing what we might have been, but now, i stand with my head heal high as I know that it wasn’t worth it and I wouldn’t have known it if I did not try. i also know that i will not let myself ask you 'Why' or try to persuade you to tae a call. Or reason with your reasons. 


i will just have to agree to disagree. and let go.

Let go, Singh.
Its time.

All I ask for is now is the will to not question it. Ever. 

Because i know, at the end of the day, it all boils down to one single thing.
How brave am I ?

Because the question here, isn't whether I made the right choice.  It is about whether i can live with it.