Monday 19 May 2014

The Clarity in the Blur



Two people
More than friends
Less than lovers
Both spinning in infinity.
You Searched for the silence amidst the chaos. 
while I appreciated the chaos in the silence.

You found it near the edge of here and there. 
On the borders of If's and But's

Maybe's and the someday
Within the shadows of practicality.


I found it between that moment and a potential of forever. 
Between the fire you ignited and then the ice you purged it with.
In taking chances
the leap of faith

I found it with you.
Ignited
Then diffused
now disguised
and subdued
You believed distance is how bad stories end
I believed it could be how the best stories begin
Yet.
We will never know.
and while now you watch me incessantly
know that I watch you back.
Your silence doesn't fool me
Nor all the words you lack

And every time you indifferently hint how "well" you are now with the choices you made
I get the message.
Loud and clear.
And you should too,
That I'm happy for you.

Now fuck off.